Steps To Become A Volunteer
- Fill out the online volunteer application. There is a separate online application for those interested in fostering a rescue dog.
- Submit the Volunteer fee. Volunteer fees are $20 for college students, $30 for individuals, and $45 for families (includes 1 adult and up to 2 children.) Your volunteer fee helps covers the cost of background checks and t-shirts, and helps us direct more of our other resources directly to the dogs. Cash, check, or credit cards are accepted, and fees are non-refundable. If an interested party cannot afford the fee, they may speak with the Volunteer Coordinator. **If you have already paid the foster home fee, you do not need to pay a volunteer fee.
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Volunteer orientations are scheduled monthly and last about an hour and a half. The volunteer orientation serves as an introduction to Animal House, our Mission, volunteer opportunities, expectations and rewards. At orientation, you can sign up for your hands-on training shift. View current volunteer orientation information HERE.
- Identify area of primary interest and begin hands-on training at the shelter. Volunteers are welcome to hold as many positions as desired but must complete the necessary training for each position.
- Become an official volunteer and start volunteering! You will receive your Animal House Volunteer t-shirt and nametag. At the completion of your training, we will schedule you for your weekly volunteer shift.